4. The personal data we collect about you Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. You can find out more about personal data from the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). In order to facilitate some of the services available on this web site we need to collect and store some of personal data. We may collect the following kinds of personal data via our website: – Name and job title/description. – Contact information including email address, registered address and business information. – Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests. – Website usage data (view our cookies information). – Other information relevant to client enquires, surveys and/or offers. Any data collected about you will be used only: – (if a Product Developer) to enable us to validate your details and speak to relevant manufacturers, or – (if a Manufacturer) to promote your services and allow us to contact you in relation to your subscription to the Service. We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
5. How we collect your personal data We use different methods to collect data from and about you including: – Directly through the website sign up form. – Creating an account to register for our services. – Send us an email using the email provided. – Request marketing information to be sent to you (securely stored in our email marketing database). – Complete any customer surveys or provide feedback.
6. How we use your personal data We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances: – Internal record keeping. – To contact you in response to your query. – To improve our services offered. – To perform our contracted obligations with you, the client, such as project leads generation. – To improve and customise our website according to your requirements. – To send you information only which we think is relevant to you. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests. We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We will never lease, distribute, sell or trade your personal information for marketing purposes to any third- party companies. By signing up to our service you allow us to publish any of your information on this website. We will not publish any information on our social media channels or promotional materials without your prior consent.
7. How do we store this information? We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Any personal information held about you is stored and processed under GDPR and in line with the Data Protection Act 2018.
9. How can you control your information? You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways: – If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for any purpose, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com; – If you have received any email marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe from receiving future emails at any time through the unsubscribe link at the end of each email. – If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
10. Data retention We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
11. Your legal rights Unless subject to an exemption under the data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: – The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you. – The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date. – The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data. – The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was the lawful basis for processing your data. – The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), where applicable. – The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing. – The right to object to our processing of personal data, where applicable i.e. where processing is based on our legitimate interests (or in performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing or processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics). If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable admin fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made several requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
13. Disclaimer Although our service is heavily moderated and every effort is made to ensure manufacturers and product developers and their associated companies listed on ConeX Portal are legitimate, reputable and have appropriate advertised qualifications, we cannot be held responsible for any work carried out or goods supplied. We do not control or cannot be held responsible for prices of such services, products and goods, suitability of work, companies and suppliers listed on or linking to conex-portal.co.uk.