Structural Evolution Ltd. is a specialist consulting company, providing independent services within various Engineering markets with a focus on advanced composite design and development. We have extensive experience with composite structural analysis and certification in the civil, rail, offshore, and subsea markets.
Structural Evolution Ltd is a full-service design house providing a host of product development and mechanical design services. We can assist with Creative Solutions, Functional Design, in-depth analysis, and test programme planning to provide all the support required for product development – from concept to pre-production. Our CAE capabilities include the full suite of composite analytical and CFD tools to support our clients to progress their concepts to reality.
- R&D project support: planning, analysis & test development
- 2D general arrangement drawings to support product manufacture
- 3D CAD modelling
- Design for manufacture and assembly to aid complex composite manufacturing
- Third-Party Design verification by Chartered Engineer
- Full composite, polymer and metal analytical capabilities to all relevant design standards: ISO, Eurocode, NORSOK, DNV-GL, ASME, ASTM.
- Accurate NASTRAN linear solutions used in most industries for strength, stability and deformation simulation.
- Nonlinear features include modern, efficient contact algorithms, hyperelastic material, and thermal analyses.
- Design and optimization for composite parts – ply shape to layup schedule
- Thermomechanical simulation and solver coupling for complex phenomenon including fluid-structure interactions.
- Nonlinear Implicit & explicit dynamic structural analysis
- Euler, Lagrange and Arbitrary Euler-Lagrangian.
- Smoothed-Particle Hydrodynamics (SPH).
- Pure CFD solution with full coupling with structures.
- Crack propagation in solid and multi-layer shells.
- Advanced Mass Scaling for quasi-static problems, drop and impact tests.
- Sub-Modeling for local design of components or sub-structures.
- The micro-mechanical analysis of composites is used to develop multiscale material models to aid the simulation of composite parts manufactured from any heterogeneous material, such as continuous and chopped fibre composites, cored composites and lattice structures.