The University of Plymouth is renowned for high quality, internationally-leading education, research and innovation. Our free to use Enterprise Solutions service can help you access specialist expertise and facilities to develop technical and higher-level skills within your business.
The University of Plymouth has a, free to use, dedicated Enterprise Solutions service to help you grow innovation within your business through our world class research, expertise, facilities, and talent.
We can help your business to:
- Increase productivity and profitability
- Achieve growth ambitions
- Develop R&D capability for new products and services
- Access technical and specialist expertise and equipment
- Develop your staff with higher level skills
- Recruit the brightest minds and newest talent
We work with hundreds of organisations, both large and small, to find innovative solutions to the challenges they face. Enterprise Solutions can help you tap into our services, to inject new thinking that can support and drive innovation.
- Advanced Composites Manufacturing Centre – implementing new technology, improving processes, testing materials and components, solving manufacturing and materials problems
- Analysis and Materials Characterisation – help with polymers, ceramics and hard metals, metallic alloys and composites
- Analytical Testing Facilities – a bespoke service encompassing chemical measurements, fluid modelling and particle sizing
- The COAST (Coastal, Ocean And Sediment Transport) laboratory – provides physical model testing with combined waves, currents and wind, offered at scales appropriate for device testing, array testing, environmental modelling and coastal engineering. This is a flexible facility with the capability to generate short and long-crested waves in combination with currents at any relative direction, sediment dynamics, tidal effects and wind.
- Plymouth Electron Microscopy Centre – a comprehensive range of light and electron microscopes, imaging processing and analysis software
- 3D Design and Manufacturing – resources including rapid prototyping and CAD
- Environmental Futures and Big Data Impact Lab – assisting Devon-based SMEs with creative thinking to address big data and environmental challenges
- High Performance Computing Centre – advanced computer systems to support a range of research, engineering and business problems.